PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 5.0 & rt2500

snakedriver
04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I have done everything that gets my rt2500 up & running under Knoppix 3.9 & no matter what I do I get:
"aborted network switching due to invalid wep key specification". Rat droppings!

I have even set my router's WEP key to open & my rt2500 WEP key to open and still get the error.

My laptop won't boot with the nosmp cheat code.

Is it ndiswrapper again or does someone know how to get this working using the builtin driver?

dvryknopper
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a similar problem with my wi-fi connection. I initially thought that it was something with my router, but I have begun to suspect that it is my wi-fi card as a friend of mine can connect to my wep incrypted network just fine with the same distro. I am using a Dell TruMobile 1300 wi-fi card which is manufactured by Broadcom, which is supposed to have awful/non-existant linux support. I finally managed to get my wi-fi card working with ndiswrapper and the Linuxant driver loader, but I also would get the invalid WEP Key specification error. I believe that my wi-fi card and not the router simply does not and possibly cannot support DHCP since I have also done everything I can think of to get my wi-fi card working with WEP in linux and still can't connect but I can get it to connect in windows which is what has led me to the conclusion since windows doesn't use DHCP the card is able to connect properly and is a cheap piece of crap since DHCP is a common protocol, perhaps the same is true of yours if that is even the case with mine....... :?