PDA

View Full Version : What did You add?

Pasq
05-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Hello, I would like to know what did You add to standard knoppix? I added Rhide, Free Pascal, NCftp, mplayer, aalib+aview, figlet, rar.

jtally
05-11-2003, 04:01 AM
an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.

eadz
05-11-2003, 04:14 AM
an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.

I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster :)
What programs did you run on the cluster?

I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba

larryks
05-14-2003, 02:40 PM
I added Lazarus (IDE for Freepascal), Scilab and Quanta ..
- best regards

aay
05-14-2003, 08:10 PM
I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster :)
What programs did you run on the cluster?

I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba

eadz,

Sounds like a nice disk. Any chance this (or a future version) will be made available online? Since the KDE people are doing their own knoppix version, I can see why you might let the KnoppixKDE project go, but you still make nice customizations.

PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

oscar
05-14-2003, 10:51 PM
lm_sensors (hardware monitoring, fans, cpu temperature etc.)
lmule (linux emule)
d4x (download for X)
mplayer

Pasq
05-15-2003, 08:38 PM
How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

oscar
05-15-2003, 10:38 PM
How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

I dont remember, but I always go through synaptic (apt-get) or through a *.deb package.
The version is 2.4.1-1

Ghandalfar
05-16-2003, 05:10 AM
jedit and j2sdk1.4 is also nice thing to add..

Henk Poley
05-17-2003, 11:17 AM
PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
Can you put up a mirror? I don't seem te be able to connect to the ftp server :-(
never mind: gFTP works, Konqueror FTP does not...