PDA

View Full Version : A fix for RT2500 wireless chip?

ry-ry
04-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I have read all the threads I can find looking for a way to get my wireless conection up with Knoppix 4.0.2

Everybody with this chip seems to have a problem although the card is recognised. I can boot up with "nodhcp" and the connection apears to be there. But everything freezes as soon as I try to activate it.

All the threads give up and say it just doesn't work with Knoppix! I don't want to let this go, I really want to build my own disc to act as an emergency system for the next time I manage to shred my system - which I do quite often - and I am going to try setting up a "raid" soon.

The drivers in Mepis, Ubuntu and vanilla Debian (with drivers from apt-get pool inc. the config utility) work out of the box.

Soooo......... is this a known problem that may get fixed with the next release or is there a way to fix it that I haven't found yet?

ry-ry
01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I still can't get this card working. At least the driver seems to load now. When I do "modprobe -l" I can find rt2500pci but I can't get anything to respond. I have tried ifconfig, iwconfig, iwlist, pump, all to no avail. Has anyone out there got this card to work?