PDA

View Full Version : v5.0DVD

lanciaHF
05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi,

The world of knoppix is all new to me but I can’t wait to test it. I downloaded the v5.0DVD NTI ISO but can’t seem to get the software to boot. I used a few different PCs but no go. Any suggestion on how to get knoppix to boot? I even downloaded a trail version of NTI. I made one of my failed DVDs bootable, the boot part worked but then nothing from knoppix. I’d appreciate any help.

The 4GB NTI ISO file is labeled v5.0DVD-2006-02-25.EN

Harry Kuhman
05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
You don't do anything to make the disc bootable, or it will never boot into Knoppix. I suggest reading and following the instructions in the Downloading Faq, instructions on finding it are here (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

By the way, I don't endorse or support using an unofficial release, I'll wait for the official one from Klaus and if you choose to use unofficial ones you take your chances. But you clearly need more understanding of how to burn an iso file, as you should never select any option to make it bootable.

lanciaHF
05-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Harry,

Thank you for the info, it should be a big help. I understand your concerns about using the latest unofficial release. However, I’ll be testing in a lab environment at no risk to production clients. I’ve used ISOs in the past but needed to make sure I worked all my angles. Thank you for welcoming me to your world and I look forward to reading your posts. I’ll let you know how my issue goes.