PDA

View Full Version : D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter

Tad
05-11-2003, 04:38 AM
How do I get the D-Link DWL-650+ wireless adapter to be recognized ?

Thanks

Tad
05-13-2003, 07:20 PM
When/How do I use the command lspci -v. I tried typing this at the knoppix Boot prompt but it didn't like that.

rickenbacherus
05-15-2003, 10:26 PM
When/How do I use the command lspci -v. I tried typing this at the knoppix Boot prompt but it didn't like that.

I don't imagine it liked that at all. :D

After you boot, open a terminal (shell) and enter it there.

ktheking
05-17-2003, 12:02 AM
forget it ....
Texas Instruments refuses to release info about their chipset used in the DWL-650+ . There even has been a website dedicated to this chipset where you can post your complaint. Me too I've sent a mail to TI with my complaint about this childich behaviour. As far as I now only the Mandrake 9 has been able to start this device (but very unstable and without the full potential of it => 4x modus, 22Mbps modus ,etc. )
But remember the STONES....

time is on our side ,yes it is .... :wink:

rickenbacherus
05-17-2003, 06:55 AM
Where's the link man? I'd like to go complain too. Lack of cooperation from vendors ranks right up there on my list. I'll definitely not buy their junk if that's the way they want to play.

What module was it using in Mandrake? What else do you know about it. Have you read about anyone else getting it to work?

Tad
05-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info...if you don't mind, pass along the link to complain.

forget it ....
Texas Instruments refuses to release info about their chipset used in the DWL-650+ . There even has been a website dedicated to this chipset where you can post your complaint. Me too I've sent a mail to TI with my complaint about this childich behaviour. As far as I now only the Mandrake 9 has been able to start this device (but very unstable and without the full potential of it => 4x modus, 22Mbps modus ,etc. )
But remember the STONES....

time is on our side ,yes it is .... :wink:

ktheking
05-28-2003, 03:56 PM
OK have found it back :

petition (and more info about acx100 chipset used in DWL520+ (PCI) and DWL650+ (PCMCIA):
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/

A possible workaround :
http://www.hack.gr/users/panxer/wireless/

greetzzz,

Tad
05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the post.

I submitted my signature.