PDA

View Full Version : NO MOUSE with knoppix 5.0 software!

LordExcess
05-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I am a brand new Knoppix user, I booted the CD up, and it booted wonderfully well. The only problem is, I get nothing as far as a mouse pointer, or anything. I click and try to move the mouse, but nothing happens, there's not even a mouse pointer on the screen, I have booted this thing up 4 times already, and I am dying to find out what Knoppix is all about, but I can't get the mouse to work, HELP!!!

By the way, I have a ps/2 mouse, not a USB running windows XP if that matters

tcohoon
06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
yeah I am having a similar issue myself. if you want to check out Knoppix try v4.0.2 I am not having any mouse issues with it. I have a pointer that moves at first but then my mouse stops working as soon as the GUI is finished loading in 5.0.1.

ckamin
06-05-2006, 05:47 AM
See my response in another thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24324

You also may need to enter a cheatcode during bootup, since there are sometimes issues with P/S2 mice and the system Bios. Look through the "Documentation" link at the top of the page and scroll down for the link to cheatcodes. The issue I referenced is mentioned there.