PDA

View Full Version : Boot Issue!

Imdbombboarder
05-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Im on a ghetto laptap, a thinkpad r31. Anyhow,hd is gone,waiting for newone, but in the meanwhile,want to use knoppix. The cd works on my other comp,but i get to the knoppix version3.4 screen etc, i hit enter, and most of the time it will sit at Loading Linux24..... Then it will restart,others i get lucky, and it gives me this:

Loading linux24........isolinux:Disk error BB,AX = 4200, drive AC

.....Any ideas?

Harry Kuhman
05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Bad disc due to burning at high speed or, less likely, a marginal CD drive. See answer #1 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

Imdbombboarder
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Well it does work on my other comp, can't be bad...Any cheat i try to use it does the same thing, so i think your right with High speed burn, maybe my desktop can read it, notebook can't...

Harry Kuhman
05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Well it does work on my other comp, can't be bad......
I guess you refuse to read the information linked to or to learn for the experience that we have from seeing others say this over and over again.

OErjan
05-17-2006, 08:16 PM
i am 100% with harry. sounds like a marginal burn, try making a new one at 1-4Xspeed.

Imdbombboarder
05-17-2006, 08:19 PM
No, i have, im not sure on the Cd Drive, and so im not sure if it can run the speed the cd was burned at. This is a technical support forum, so lets try to keep the posts constructive.

Harry Kuhman
05-17-2006, 08:33 PM
This is a technical support forum, so lets try to keep the posts constructive.
The link I gave you inclued the text, written long before you made your post,:
...including information about what is the most common burning error that leads people to wrongly say "the disc must be good, it worked on a different system".If you refuse to accept what we learned long ago that is your choice, but the posting "so lets try to keep the posts constructive" isn't going to acomplish anything or make you a lot of friends. Quite frankly it makes you look like a trool, or worse.

UnderScore
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
It may be the CDR media itself or the CD drive. I've seen different CDR brands burned on different CDR burners with being read with different CDROM drives on the very same system produce both corrupt & non-corrupt results. It is not easy to narrow down and I only discovered that the CDROM drive in 1 system was crap by swapping CDR media and drives.

Imdbombboarder
05-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks underscore, ill try to just reburn it or something with another cd, on a standard or low write speed. And Harry, if you wouldn't of mentioned anything in the first place, we wouldn't even be having this problem

Harry Kuhman
05-18-2006, 01:56 AM
And Harry, if you wouldn't of mentioned anything in the first place, we wouldn't even be having this problem
What the heck are you talking about, I not only pointed you to the Downloading FAQ that covers this in great detail but I also wrote "Bad disc due to burning at high speed or, less likely, a marginal CD drive"????? What more do you think I should have done for you?????

Imdbombboarder
05-18-2006, 07:21 AM
??? No, im talking about this comment: "I guess you refuse to read the information linked to or to learn for the experience that we have from seeing others say this over and over again."

And you gave me enough help, thank you, but the way you carried yourself was poor