PDA

View Full Version : FireFox 1.5 prints portrait as landscape and vis-versa!

stukennedyuk
05-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Driving me nuts..... Firstly, I'm not sure when this started, I'm no help there. If I set printing to potrait the printer prints it as landscape (and vis-versa), cutting off the top and bottom parts of the page. The print preview is correct and no other applications are showing this problem, I'm printing through CUPS and I dont think the problem is here as everything other application prints correctly. I've tried print to file and believe it or not, it 'prints' correctly!

On the print dialogue there is no 'advanced' tab/button so I can't actually see what commands are being sent to CUPS..... I'm sure if I could see this, I'd have a better idea why it's doing this.....

Ta, Stoo.....

PS. As I write this, I have this nagging feeling that at some stage I installed some sort of printer management tool.....

stukennedyuk
05-19-2006, 11:36 AM
I have possibly made some progress on this, I've discovered that you can put "about:config" in as a URL and make low-level changes to the way FireFox behaves, this shows that my print command was set to xpp, but I've changed it and it hasn't fixed the problem (It's tuple "print.printer_CUPS/Epson_EX.print_command" (oops, showing my Nortel background - TUPLE =Ttable UPdate Line Entry)).

I'll dig some more.