PDA

View Full Version : MOZILLA Question

xetaprime
05-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Please forgive me if this is old news or commonsense stuff...but Mozilla used to save my location bar addresses automatically once typed in. Now it doesn't...since kde3.1. Can't seem to find a way to make that happen. Any ideas??? Using Knoppix 5/03

Thanx, xeta

garyng
05-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Same experience here, bookmark works though. Must be some Mozilla configuration issue which I still have a problem to find which file to fix(there are tons).

blixblix
06-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I"ve got the same problem. No location bar drop down info or history. Has anyone found the fix? I'm running 1.3.1 of moz and 3.2 20-5-2003 of knoppix after an apt update/upgrade.

My wife has to have here drop down, you know. :roll:

thnks, chris

adyga
06-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Well it seems that after installing Knoppix my nightmare began, this debian way of updating is so confusing and so messing up with various packages from stable to unstable to test,
I am experiencing the same mozilla location bar problem (it does not have even a string in about:config so is the windows version of mozilla)
can anyone tell us is that a bug ?? :roll:

xetaprime
06-07-2003, 02:48 PM
to get the history/address thingy to work...in case you missed anothe post of mine. One way was going to debian-mozilla online and install mozilla-xft using kpackage and unchecking 'check dependenciy'. That usually works. Also I just went to mozilla.org, downloaded the new version and pointed the install to the current mozilla directory. It asks to delete it and I of course click yes. That gave me a new mozilla working great.

Good luck all!

x.