PDA

View Full Version : Monitor problem after booting

garrincha
05-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I hope that someone could help. I am new to Linux/GNU and so am not exactly familiar with it, thus I'm trying out the Knoppix Live CD.

I downloaded and burned Knoppix 4.0.2 to a CD, and I then boot it from the CD-Rom drive of the Dell Optiplex G1, Pentium II PC (really old stuffs!).

The booting sequence seems to be o.k.

After booting, I got to the blank screen with the little penguin at top, and the initialisation process started. I then went into what I think is the Knoppix screen/interface except that the screen seems to be showing row and row of thin greyish lines and underneath, I could make out several Knoppix 4.0 logo at the top and several mouse pointers. It was hard to see anything except for the multiple Knoppix logos at the top.

It could be monitor resolution problem or something else?

Any idea?

garrincha
05-22-2006, 03:06 AM
O.k. I just figured out the monitor problem - so please ignore my original query!

(FYI, I used the cheat code, screen (resolution), vsync and hsync).

Everything work fine...except that I cannot seem to connect to the internet. At the moment I'm looking around for online help. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Harry Kuhman
05-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.
Suggesting: post details in a new thread in the networking forum. Without any information about your network connection you can't expect much help.

garrincha
05-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I just posted in the Network forum.