PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling wine to reinstall a new version

Cervante
05-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Hello.. Ive been tryint to run a game called Bloodscape (bloodscape.net) , so far the game couldnt run since cswsk32.ocx was missing and for wine to register the .ocx it was missing mfc42.dll...I patched up the .dll by installing a VBruntime excutublable then registered the.ocx succesfully.But eventually the game still dosent run, what occurs is what wine developers calls a silent crash.

So I want to see if the game could run using different versions of wine but I dont know the console commands to uninstall wine, or login as root to uninstall I could only login as superuser but even as super user I dont know the directory where wine is installed..

Im running knoppix 4.0 hdd install (the recommended Debian installation)...anyone can lend me a hand please?

sakiZ
05-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I have uninstalled wine, after installing the commercial version CrossOver Office. It was redundant to have both, and I thought I could make better use of the disk space.

Anyway, I use Synaptic which makes package management extremely easy via its GUI interface.

Just do "apt-get intall Synaptic" from the command line. After Synaptic installs, it will then build a list of packages you can install.

Wine is in there. You may only need to upgrade to a later version. Or, you may have better luck with a commercial version. Whether it runs your game or not, I have no idea.

sakiZ