PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Flash Plugin - Failed Install

DMac
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Whenever I wish to view anything in Flash Player through Firefox, it gives me the blank wall saying "Click Here to install missing plugin" I click, it seems to download, then says that the installation failed for the Flash Player...

Can't figure it out, and I'm getting PISSED, heh.

ckamin
05-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Might be hard to install something onto a "Read Only" live disk. You would be better served to do some research on how to install programs in knoppix or Linux, possibly by using apt-get or similar procedures and then try to install Flash properly by download. Or do some research on any alternatives.

Now you must be really p***ed! Maybe an anger management course before trying something as challenging as Linux? Maybe you would be better off with Windows or possibly a Distro like Linspire, which is a Linux distribution that is very Windows-Like and is intended for beginners. You could even subscribe to their download library (CNR), which contains tons of useful applications for a reasonable fee! It would certainly be less time consuming for you and much less frustratiing.