PDA

View Full Version : Big problem by mounting

pasi
06-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I got a problem...
I got the Knoppix-Linux Version 3.3
When I run it and start, it dont recognize my hda and I am not able to mount it in....
The worst for me is, all my datas are on that hda :( Have someone a idea what I could do?

Hexxagon
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd say you get the newest version, 5.0.1 and try it again!

what do u want to do with this Data? Backup? Use?
If you just want to make a backup, you can also try "ultimate boot cd", there are file managers there which runs from CD, so you can copy your data to another partition if you have one.

another bootable recovery CD is "Winternals ERD Commander", based on windows. It's like a knoppix on an XP-basis. But it's not free... http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/#erdcommander2005

pasi
06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I want only to recover my datas, the problem is, when I want to start windows it dont boot,
so I try knoppix and it bootet.
I wanted to know why it could not boot windows and so I looked at the BIOS, and there stood my master slave doesnt work, there stood its not installed..
And now I just want to get the datas, if I dont get em, my father will be angry :wink:

Hexxagon
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
hm, if the HD is not detected in the BIOS, then you have a Problem... I guess you didn't play around with the jumpers, no?
Well, if your system doesn't detect your HD (you can also see that in the first boot screen, just hit "pause" to get more time), then Knoppix won't either.

same thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday. His Notebook broke down, completely! Doesn't even boot without the HD, so the mainboard must be broken. I took his HD out and plugged it via USB to my computer, and the HD didn't even spin! (And my BIOS didn't recognized it either). All his Data is lost...

I hope it's not the same problem you have right now, because there is no hope (or maybe a really expensive one, don't know for shure)

pasi
06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
The strange thing was, I wanted to switch my computer on and it doesnt work(boot)
I dont have any virus on that computer, because this computer dont have connection to the internet.
I have a master cd and recovery disk....but than my whole system will be erase.
Because the main thing is, I want to recover now the datas , my father got some important programms on the computer.this computer is no notebook, but strange was all was detected by knoppix but than no hrad disk :(
I could make that now with the master CD but....I need that data..
I didnt do any nonsens with that pc and it dont work...that is the weird things..
Its some Legend pc..