PDA

View Full Version : Access Problems

greywolf19
06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
having gotten my PC wireless network working I am now attempting to get my Laptop working as well .. It is aN HP ze2300 series with a Broadcom chip, running windows XP Pro and SP2, with 1 gb of ram .. the router is a Dlink DI 524

the Laptop wireless card is 'basically' working in that all drivers loaded fine and after config the Kwifi goes green ! BUT [it seems there is always a 'but'] the laptop flatly refuses to see the router or any other pc in the net ..

I Did an iwconfig and the main things that I see are different from the pc that is working is as follows ..

There is no idication of Access Point .. ie it shows 00:00:00:00... [it does not see the router Mac I guess]
RTS thru : 2347B fragment thru 2346B [My PC shows these as being 'off']
Essid : off/any ....[note: I have tried to set this but even though wcardconfig accepts the name I give it, it does not seem to stick .. i have even tried to do it thru a cmd line in root ...]

My Knoppix PC shows what I assume is the Mac address for the router and it also shows RTS & Fragment as 'off' ..
I have tried pump -i wlan0 with no success, the laptop card configurations all seem ok ..

The laptop wireless works perfectly fine under windows xp pro

What do you think ??

TIA
Wolf

greywolf19
06-17-2006, 06:14 PM
It seems that the problem maybe that although when I do a iwconfig wlan) scan it shows my essid and wep code accurately as well as access point when I do just an iwconfig or ... the essid does not show up .. and no matter how many times I enter it it will not show up in the standard iwconfig wlan0 mode ??????
Puzzles within puzzles