PDA

View Full Version : knoppix remaster scripts fails

rash
06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I am using the knoppix remaster using scripts 'How to'. I have done everything correctly, but when i run the script (./knoppix-remaster /mnt/hda2/remaster), it starts to copy all the files onto my hda2, then at 70% an error comes up and its fast so i cant read it. and then it says in the 'how to' to select option number 1 chroot. But when i press the arrow key there are very unusual characters coming up and anything i type i cant see. I have been trying to remaster this for a week and have been having the same problem... Please help

Thanks

UnderScore
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20757

rash
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
to UnderScore I have tried to disregard it, but when the error message comes up at 70% and then the menu comes up and then when i press the arrow key to select the next option which is 'Chroot.....' i get some an error like [[?? (?=something i cant remember), this keeps on happening everytime and when i press enter and when i type something like dpkg-query - l less, then the list appears, but i cant see anything that i am typing....and also when i type apt-get remove --purge <packagename> i get errors.....

Please help....

I cant understand why its doing this.

UnderScore
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
When the 70% error occurs, the screen will be messed up but the keyboard will still work. So use CTRL-C or type exit to logout of that terminal session and/or open up another terminal session and continue the remastering process. As I have commented in other posts, I have experienced this and it does not corrupt or prevent me from finishing the remaster.