PDA

View Full Version : all windows auto resized to really small.....NEED HELP!

crazy_monkey108
06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
ok well there was this one progress window and i wanted to resize it to be bigger but have it be that same size every time it opend up so i right-clicked on the window bar and went to advanced and clicked on special window settings and then i changed it so that it would automatically resize the window to the size i had it at at the time but when i hit ok t resized all the windows on all of my desktops to the size of the close button, minimize button, and help button and i cant change it back because if i rickt click on the window bar again and go to advanced and special window settings it just opens the window really small so i cant see/do anything just like anything else. the only thing that i have gotten to work so far is the kmenu which is normal but if you click on anything it just opens up in super small size, and i can get konquer to go to fullscreen mode by pushing ctrl shift f....is there anything i can do????? :(( PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy_monkey108
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
does anybody have any ideas? i know that you can change the session type when you log in, so do you think there is a way that i could change my kde settings in a different type of session? all of the sessions work fine except defauly and kde

Harry Kuhman
06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Posting the same message (or slight variations on the same message) in multiple forums is considered bad form and a form of spam. The topic organization here would rapidly break down if everyone who thought their problem was more important than everyone else's decided to post their problem in many forums to get more exposure. Please pick an appropriate forum and post your problem in only one place within the knoppix.net website.

crazy_monkey108
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
is there any commands i could type into the konsole to get it to resize a window ot diable session restore? is there anything that i could do in a different type of session like fluxbox to change the kde settings?

crazy_monkey108
06-23-2006, 06:28 AM
oh ok sorry i didnt mean to spam my problem i just wanted some help...ill just keep my problem posted here and try to refrain from making that mistake again

crazy_monkey108
06-24-2006, 04:52 AM
ok well this time when i turned my comp on even the desktop was resized to the size of about a close button, minimize button, and maximize button. so now im wondering if i could just reinstall KDE so i dont have to reinstall the whole os and lose all of my stuff?

malaire
06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
One thing that you could try is to locate where this invalid information about window-sizes is saved, and delete those files.
That just might restore the default settings.

I'd guess it's saved somewhere below hidden .kde directory in your home-directory.

Deleting that directory might also help, but is a bit dangerous. That would likely reset all settings for all KDE-applications. You would also lose things like saved emails (if you use KMail), saved alarm-settings (if you use KAlarm), saved contact-information (if you use KAddressBook) etc...

But if you are confident enough that you don't have any important information saved in any KDE-application, or that you have backups, deleting the .kde directory could help.

crazy_monkey108
06-24-2006, 10:40 PM
ok thank you i will try that...deletnig the .kde directory might be a small sacrifice but if it saves me from having to resintall the os i would be gratefull

crazy_monkey108
06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
lol ok thank you so much! i deleted the .kde folder from a window maker session and then i logged into a kde session and it ran through the desktop settings wizard and stuff and now it is as default as kde gets...more default than fresh off the knoppix cd but at least i have my desktop back :D thank you for your help, input, research, and most of all...caring