PDA

View Full Version : Installing GeeXboX uShare

sgmprime
06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I have been using plopping for well over a year now. I have used basic web related functions on my friends computer because he will not tell me the exp password, and some hid recovery/booting trouble shooting.

I own a box 360 and windows install is win2k, witch does not allow me to use the full functional. I googled for several hours and found a program called GeeXboX uShare, witch supports a wide array of streaming file formats. I installed the SDK for UPnP Devices (libupnp), 1.3.1, and the deb install I received the following error:

ushare: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libupnp.so.2)
ushare: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libixml.so.2)

i have tried installing the source version as well and received the error that libupnp2 is missing.

I have spent 3 weeks and around 15 hours attempting to correct this problem.

If i need to install a full version of linux i will, in my searches i have found vague references to having the ushare +knoppix combo work, and also some who say “it does not work�.

but discovering how harsh file dependences can be and having no concrete evidence that there is a problem with using knoppix or ushare, i am posing this question here.

I have researched this to no end and i simply can not believe i am the only one who would really like this to work.

i will be posting this on the geexbox.org forums as soon as its up.