PDA

View Full Version : KDE Panel from chroot

alberto.orlandini
06-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello everybody,
I am customizing Knoppix cd 4.02, I removed OO but a button still appears in the KDE Panel. I'd like to remove it, but i don't know which files I have to modify... I'd prefer doing this textually from the chrooted environment, because i have some problems using xnest... Thanks

malaire
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello everybody,
I am customizing Knoppix cd 4.02, I removed OO but a button still appears in the KDE Panel. I'd like to remove it, but i don't know which files I have to modify... I'd prefer doing this textually from the chrooted environment, because i have some problems using xnest... Thanks

From my quick test, correct file seems to be .kde/share/config/kickerrc in your home-directory.

alberto.orlandini
06-28-2006, 12:39 PM
But if I modify a file in my home directory, will it take effect? I thought all the files in the home directory were copied from /etc/skel by a script during the boot...

malaire
06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
But if I modify a file in my home directory, will it take effect? I thought all the files in the home directory were copied from /etc/skel by a script during the boot...

Yes, something like that. I don't know the specifics as I havn't done any remastering for some time.

Knoppix 4.0.2 CD seems to have file /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc, so perhaps that is the file you want.