PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 5.0.1

kudipataka
07-01-2006, 07:11 PM
I just downloaded and burned Knoppix 5.0.1 on CD. When I try to boot through CD, seemingly the system does not recongnise the CD at all. I tried this with a Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Did I burn it incorrectly? The CD has only the .iso file on it. I am new to open source, kindly help.

Thanks

Harry Kuhman
07-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Answer #1 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

kudipataka
07-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Got it! Thank You! New person blues! :-)

Capt. Cautious
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
This is related to the Knoppix 5.0.1 & DVD. When I download anything I check the MD5's sometimes more than one value ( SHA...) However both these downloads check properly. When I am experiencing is that Fuse refuses to mount the /dev/hda1. The error I get is: not a directory or file can not mount /dev/hda1 unmounting /dev/hda1. Now note these were 32 bit systems, my HP ze4500 laptop and the HP pavillion 773n. The same error on both. Then a friend suggested I try the 64 bit machine, a HP Pavillion A1030e, Guess what, it worked! I tried it on a file I didn't care about after backing up everything and it seems to do what it is supposed to do.
When I googled the problem I found something that makes me think that FUSE has to be mounted seperate from everything else, like mounting a dev. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. The HD on the 64 bit is a SATA drive. I also have an EIDE on the machine but I have to disconnect the SATA to see the IDE & vice versa. I'm still researching that mess. I know what my next machine will not be... Thanks in advance to any who can assist. I was so looking forward to the 5.0.1 DVD and the hope of FUSE.

I Remain ~ In service & In Health,
Captain Cautious