re burned 4 times at slower speeds

im on a dell latitude c600

if anyone has seen this problem or can help then i would be more than
happy to chat.

thanks for all the help

ckamin
07-06-2006, 07:31 AM
bomakalu:

You might just want to try a simple process of elimination. I would try the failsafe cheatcode at first and then try all of the "no" cheatcode options. Since you said something about the "cardmanager", maybe something like "knoppix nopcmcia" might help. The nodma cheatcode has also resolved many odd issues. It may take a little experimentation to find the right combination, but it's usually simple once the fix is discovered. I've used the older versions on the Dell C600 with good success. I have not yet tried version 5.0.1, since I no longer have the Dell. It sometimes helps to make a list of what you have tried, and what you intend to try. It can get confusing after many trials. I would also try several of the cheatcodes pertaining to video. Some of the cheatcodes listed in the Wiki might not be valid since the distro now appears to use Xorg V 7.0 instead of the XFree86 of previous versions. I have encountered numerous issues from that fact alone. There are also some known bugs with Xorg version 7.0 that affect certain hardware. You can do a search to see if your hardware is affected or start at www.x.org and poke around a bit. There might also be some security alerts from time to time.

You might want to verify the iso file with an md5sum tool. The information is located at the following link: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ You can also use the "testcd" option at startup, but it is not as valid as the md5sum tools would be.

Good luck! Be sure to let us know how you make out.

bomakalu
07-06-2006, 11:45 AM
hi

thanks for the response
ive actually got it to run using
expert mode
and playing with the video setting

im pleased
sadly
no netwrok cd support

thanks for all the help

bo