PDA

View Full Version : Download, compile, use NVIDIA drivers, & read temperatur

ant
07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to download, compile, and use NVIDIA driver in KNOPPIX? The default video driver sucks. It would be nice to use NVIDIA's latest drivers for speed. If this is possible, is there any tricks?

Also, is it possible to read my XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800's temperatures in KNOPPIX beside using Windows?

Thank you in advance. :)

Zrebel
07-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Is it possible to download, compile, and use NVIDIA driver in KNOPPIX? The default video driver sucks. It would be nice to use NVIDIA's latest drivers for speed. If this is possible, is there any tricks?

in version 4.0.2 I had no problems and 5.0.1 finds my card and loads the driver without any problems... knoppix 5.0.1 was only released a few months ago so I'm guessing that they included the latest driver, since 4.0.2 didn't have the driver it should be a somewhat new build. I haven't bothered to find a way of id'n the driver.

Also, is it possible to read my XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6800's temperatures in KNOPPIX beside using Windows?

nvidia has 'paid' developers and a forum that they kinda post too every now and then. Best to ask them for customer service.