PDA

View Full Version : Where's the cache and cookies being saved ???

warpats
07-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi all, I have a question regarding the above matter, can somebody tell me where can I find the temporary internet files and cache being saved in Knoppix 5.0.1 . BTW I'm using live CD. I tried to search at /ramdisk but couldn't finde the specific folder. Thanks a lot.

malaire
07-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Hi all, I have a question regarding the above matter, can somebody tell me where can I find the temporary internet files and cache being saved in Knoppix 5.0.1 . BTW I'm using live CD. I tried to search at /ramdisk but couldn't finde the specific folder. Thanks a lot.
It depends on what browser you use.

Firefox saves cache to /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/Cache where "xxxxxxxx" is some random characters.
Cookies seems to be saved to /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/cookies.txt where "xxxxxxxx" is some random characters.

I'm not sure where Konqueror saves them, likely somewhere below /home/knoppix/.kde

Note that directories (and files) which starts with a dot (like .mozilla and .kde) are "hidden" in Linux.
To see them in Konqueror, select View->Show Hidden Files

warpats
07-18-2006, 07:59 AM
malaire, thanks for the info.....no wonder couldn't find it coz it's hidden file. Thanks bro.