PDA

View Full Version : ndiswrapper in 5.01 won't work for me

mpn
07-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I downloaded the latest knoppix and burned it onto CD, but the ndiswrapper won't work. I configure it through the kde desktop program and it says

"The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file?"

Ndiswrapper works fine in knoppix 4.0 using the same drivers and setup. What is wrong? Do I need to install a new ndiswrapper over it?

adamsonj
07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I downloaded the latest knoppix and burned it onto CD, but the ndiswrapper won't work. I configure it through the kde desktop program and it says

"The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file?"

Ndiswrapper works fine in knoppix 4.0 using the same drivers and setup. What is wrong? Do I need to install a new ndiswrapper over it?

I have to load "boot: knoppix nohwsetup home=/dev/sdb1/knoppix" to prevent hardware configuration from hanging.

I got the same message in KDE ndiswrapper. Furthermore, when I use ndiswrapper as root in Konsole, the driver will install and then the session hangs up when I enter

ndiswrapper -l

I wrote a script that worked perfectly in PCLOS. I like Knoppix better, except for this , and so I'd like to get it to work. There was mention in the PCLOS Wiki of a package called "wireless tools." I've done everything in Knoppix that I did in PCLOS and these problems come up (i.e., I have all the necessary files in the directory, etc.)

Is there a way I can boot that will detect the device without hanging up the whole boot process?

Thanks,
Joel