PDA

View Full Version : apt-get install errors LiveCD

TriPPed
07-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I have remastered knoppix and everything appears to work except apt-get install fails.

Everytime i try
apt-get install somepackage
I get
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the somepackage packege. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.

This happens with every package a try to install.

I am able to run apt-get update and it reads the packeage list ok. Checking the various apt dirs and everything appears to be the same as my standard knoppix installation and remaster envrironment.

I can chroot into the remater environment and apt-get works ok but fails when i build and try from the ISO.

Any ideas??

tr
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I can chroot into the remater environment and apt-get works ok but fails when i build and try from the ISO.

What Knoppix version are you remastering? Remember that unionfs was used for the first time with Knoppix 3.8.1. Before that you couldn't use apt-get. But 'apt-get update' - perhaps it worked, don't remember, sorry. Anyhow, you couldn't install any new packages before unionfs was used in Knoppix.

If your Knoppix version is newer then you have perhaps modified linuxrc file so that unionfs don't works. Have you a direcotory called UNIONFS in your remastered CD?

-tapsa-

TriPPed
07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
It would seem the problem has been solved.

Too much was stripped out when pruning out the stuff it didnt need.

taking out tzdata and libc6-dev broke some things.

All seems good now.