PDA

View Full Version : Sound OSS Problem - Knoppix4

tomich
08-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Hi everyone. I have Knoppix v 4 Installed on mi HD. I had sound from the beggining, I updated the sound drivers, everything was just fine. Then i decided to make a mass update of packages. i installed lots of new packages and now i have a problem with OSS(Open Sound System i think???)
I never had the chance of hearing multiple apps sounds at the same time. it was the error beep or the XMMs Music, not both at the same time. ..
with Knoppix--->Utilities--> Configure SoundCard i've never been able to do anything, it says that soundcore.o was not found and that im not running a modular sound activated system or something like that. But i configured everything with alsaconf . My SCard is Via VT8235 (Driver is Vt82xxx) . Now (after the massive installing of packages - yes i know, im an idiot--- ) when i boot i have lots of signs saying something like :

WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_no=SS line XX: ignoring bad line starting with 'blacklist'

I do have sound, but also lots of this messages at the boot (like 100 of them).

Can someone help me with this???.

Im From Argentina, if U can answer in spanish is better, but i also speak and read english
Any help will be appreciated.

Thnx in advance.

Tomich

tomich
08-07-2006, 03:42 AM
BTW. when i say
WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_no=SS line XX

I mean in line 30, in line 58, in line 45 and so on, and so on. NUMBERS.

Jacky
08-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately, something almost always goes wrong after a mass update of packages. This is the main cause of problems for hard disk installs. Your problem looks too complicated to fix. Perhaps you should consider reinstalling, or simply using the LiveCD.

tomich
08-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Thnx Jacky for replying.
But a bit late. already formatted and resintalled everything. This time i carefully selected the packages to install... And everything is working.
ThankU very Much eather way for replying :) :) :)