PDA

View Full Version : Screen goes black

Rainz3
08-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Hello, I just downloaded and burnt the newest knoppix livecd. When I put it in it goes through the motions and when it gets to the loading xwindow after that the screen cuts out/goes black. I have tried knoppix vga=normal but that didnt work any other suggestions? The cd works perfectly on my desktop. Its a acer travelmate 4400. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, I want to run knoppix on my desktop that does not have a dvd drive on it(I had no cds so I had to make a dvd not cd) the iso is on the computer and it is ntfs. Whats the best way to go about doing that? Thanks in advance

ockham23
08-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Try cheat codes "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and "knoppix xmodule=fbdev". For your second question look here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796

Rainz3
08-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks I am going to try that right now. At the boot screen do I type knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix xmodule =fbdev or do I have to have the " if doing more than 1?

malaire
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks I am going to try that right now. At the boot screen do I type knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix xmodule =fbdev or do I have to have the " if doing more than 1?

You just type either knoppix xmodule=vesa or knoppix xmodule=fbdev (i.e. don't include the quotes).