PDA

View Full Version : Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem

glj12
08-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.

Many thanks in advance,
Glj12

Andrftw
10-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.

Many thanks in advance,
Glj12

Yep i got exactly the same problem, can somebody help us? :cry:

gvigorus
10-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Same problem here. Using Knoppix 5 live CD. Trying to configure WUSB54GS to work. Installed drivers, get both drivers and hardware present on ndiswrapper -l. When i do sudo modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL error inserting ndiswrapper /lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko Invalid argument.
Hope someone knows how to solve this issue.
Thanks to all!
S

thcipriani
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
first make sure you are logged in as root

if ndiswrapper -l is coming back with driver and software installed try ndiswrapper -m before modprobe ndiswrapper

let me know if that works

rusty
10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
nope