PDA

View Full Version : A Laptop Issues... thanks...

mathomas
08-18-2006, 08:18 PM
well i know linux and i would love to spend more time with it but i dont...

so i have to come here to ask questions...

so here it goes...

my usb hd when i plug it in doesnt automaticly mount...

is there a script to do this???

more to come...

i have to go thanks

mathomas
08-19-2006, 02:43 AM
well i now have some time to talk here and explain what is going on...

well i have been loading some different oses on this computer and well this one has it's ups and it's downs...

but i do like the fact that i can get at the in sides and work on it...

now i just need to figure 2 things out...

one... how can i get a external hd to auto mount...
two... why when i shut down the computer the system hangs...

BTW this is a hd install...

mathomas
08-21-2006, 01:29 AM
well what do you think that i should do???

i would like to use knoppix... but unless i get some help im not sure i would like to deal with my computer not shutting down right... it doesnt make me very happy...

thanks

malaire
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM

i would like to use knoppix... but unless i get some help im not sure i would like to deal with my computer not shutting down right... it doesnt make me very happy...

thanks

If you can't get Knoppix to work, you could try some other Linux Distros, like Debian, Ubuntu or Kubuntu.

mathomas
08-21-2006, 02:32 PM

thanks

If you can't get Knoppix to work, you could try some other Linux Distros, like Debian, Ubuntu or Kubuntu.

wow... people here dont want to help others... that's sad.... almost shameful...

i was asking for help on two little things that im sure could be solved... but instead you say us something else... so much for hearing good things about knoppix...

Harry Kuhman
08-21-2006, 07:47 PM
wow... people here dont want to help others... that's sad.... almost shameful...

i was asking for help on two little things
We help people all of the time here. If you had read through existing posts before making your post you would have seen that. Some might have not helped you because when you first posted you posted in the laptops section and gave a subject line that conveyed absolutely no information when in the laptops forum, but your post was moved to the forum where it belonged. Still, it seemed that you were determined on your course of action, so some of us decided it was better to stay out of it and let you try. But there are plenty of warnings around this site like answer #2 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman) that spell out that what you are trying to do is not a proper use for the tool. It would be like you posted asking how to pound in a nail with a screwdrive and someone finally responded that secewdrivers are not the proper tool for that task and you should consider using a hammer, and you respond by saying you can't get the help you want.

By the way. if you follow the link provided, read answer #7 also.