PDA

View Full Version : Auto-detect mouse type on Knoppix startup..

PsycoX
05-16-2003, 10:11 AM
I have Knoppix 3.2 image on my notebook's hd and it works great, but there's a small problem: sometimes I want to use my notebook's Touchpad (ps/2 compatible), sometimes I want to plug in my optical Wheelmouse.
The problem is that I can't select boot options to the kernel manually (I use lilo..) and I can only have one mouse type selected on my configs.tbz! If I start Knoppix in Wheelmouse mode without my Whellmouse I'm screwed! If I start Knoppix in normal mode with my Wheelmouse I'm screwed too! The configs.tbz overrides my kernel options..
Couldn't Knoppix detect the kind of mouse it's attached?

Thank you..
PX.

rickenbacherus
05-16-2003, 05:02 PM
When you boot hold the Shift key to get the boot prompt. You could also add or increase the delay in your /etc/lilo.conf file.

Fabianx
05-25-2003, 02:39 PM
I have Knoppix 3.2 image on my notebook's hd and it works great, but there's a small problem: sometimes I want to use my notebook's Touchpad (ps/2 compatible), sometimes I want to plug in my optical Wheelmouse.
The problem is that I can't select boot options to the kernel manually (I use lilo..) and I can only have one mouse type selected on my configs.tbz! If I start Knoppix in Wheelmouse mode without my Whellmouse I'm screwed! If I start Knoppix in normal mode with my Wheelmouse I'm screwed too! The configs.tbz overrides my kernel options..
Couldn't Knoppix detect the kind of mouse it's attached?

Thank you..
PX.

I think you suggested wheelmouse on boot. Newer knoppix DO detect the mosue-type correctly.

cu

Fabian