PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix firewall won't save settings

grasshopper
08-25-2006, 09:52 PM
I installed Knoppix to my HD and everything is just swimming (apart from what appears to be a memory leak issue - it slows down quit a bit after just an hour of use forcing me to reboot) but other than that not bad.

However, I wanted to change the default settings for the Knoppix Firewall, since by default the ports are not Stealthed.

I can make the change, however when I go to save it, it says "cannot save must create persistant knoppix image on HD" or words to that effect...But I have knoppix installed onto the HD and there is plenty of Space. I've done it as root also, no dice.

Question - how can I get the firewall tool to save it's profile permanently? Is there another front-end I could use that would not mess up?

Thanks in Advance!

Harry Kuhman
08-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Quit shouting, Is your post so much more important than everyone else's?

grasshopper
08-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I was not "shouting"...

Shouting is using all CAPS.. I did not. If my font seemed large to you it seems small to me.

That such a thing could possibly bother you enough that you would make such an inane post without offering
a solution to my problem simply amazes me. Perhaps you should set your monitor to a resolution above 640x480 ?

But, um..good luck with your therapy or..whatever.

So, anyone got any ideas?

2dogs2
08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
you must creat two ext3 partitions and use one for your OS and the other is for the persistant image. It took awhile to figure out and lots of reading, now if I can get to the next level.