PDA

View Full Version : problems with K3B / cdrecord on KNX 5.0.1 (cd) HD-installed

posmanet
08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi Folks!

Anyone having similar problems?
I have a SCSI CD-writer (TEAC) on an Adaptec controller. This one always done its jop perfectly. But now, having the new Knoppix on my computer, it does not anymore. K3B says that there's no CD-R in the writer (but there is!), and when i klick on "erzwingen", i get an error 255 from cdrecord. Hm. I did let K3B set permissions on the first start. I tried differend CD-R's, and tested it in two different PCs (with the same cd-writer&controller) - same results. But the Nero Burning Rom software under WinXP does work! So there's no hardware fault, and my CD-Rs are ok.

Greetings

Additional info: The "eject" and "load" buttons in the there-is-no-cdr-in-the-writer-dialog-window do not work (nothing happens when i klick on them), and when i insert an empty cd-r the info in the window switches from "no media" to "cd-rom". The same window shows the correct drive name and device /dev/scd0).

posmanet
09-23-2006, 07:36 PM
...i just did some testing again:

Booting from Knoppix 5.0.1-CD CD-writing DOES NOT work, as described above.

Booting from older Knoppix 4.0.2-CD there is no problem in CD-writing, on the same hardware! So there is something wrong with K3b/cdrecord in the Knoppix 5!

...still nobody else has problems with CD-writing?? :roll:

Jacky
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Sorry, I tried to help. I have been trying various K3B scenarios to try to get the same error message as you but could not do it -- k3b worked every time.

Can you confirm if cdrecord works on the command line? Then at least we know it is a problem with k3b and not cdrecord.