PDA

View Full Version : a ouestion about some multimedia support and stuff

_d5
08-29-2006, 06:54 AM
i want to ask you, a few questions about knoppix 4.0 which i installed on hdd

1. i have an acces to a site from wich i download movies /.avi/, i installed w32codecs /with a lot of help from this forum and its experts, thank you/, but when i watch a movie, it doest run well enough, it scrools and that is really unpleasant. the movie files/.avi/ are stored on a NTFS partition.

2. i use dc++ a lot, so i want to know am i able to use it with knoppix, and if yes, could i save the downloaded files in other partition than the on on which is linux, a NTFS one

3. i also use soulseek, which is something like dc++. so my question is basicly the same as the previos one.

4. i am from bulgaria, and here we speak and write in bulgarian, so the subtitles for the movies are in bulgarian too. can you tell me how to install cyrlic fonts, or something that would help me read the subtitles.

5. where can i find english-bulgarian /and bulgarian-english/ dictionary and how to install it

6. can you give me some lines which i could copy-paste to the sources.list for some places from which i can get the needed software for the problems i posted above.

i want to thank Harry Kuhman, for all of the help, once again.