PDA

View Full Version : mozilla root folder

xenoterracide
08-30-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings (http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Automatic_Mozilla_Configurator:Locked_config_setti ngs) tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)

malaire
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings (http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Automatic_Mozilla_Configurator:Locked_config_setti ngs) tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)

I think it might be /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox for Firefox and /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird for Thunderbird because I found the greprefs/all.js mentioned in that article from there:

knoppix@0[usr]$ find /usr/ | grep all.js
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/all.js
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
/usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
/usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
/usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js

xenoterracide
09-01-2006, 10:39 PM
hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.

/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js

all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.

xenoterracide
09-02-2006, 12:22 AM
that folder doesn't work... at least buy default...

malaire
09-02-2006, 08:09 AM
hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.

/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
/home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js

all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.

Have you tried /usr/share/firefox where you seem to have the greprefs/all.js-file ?

xenoterracide
09-02-2006, 07:37 PM
yes... was my first try.

malaire
09-04-2006, 10:33 AM
What was the right folder in Gentoo Linux?

xenoterracide
09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox