PDA

View Full Version : Config? How to?

PhantomOSX
05-17-2003, 05:10 AM
How do I make my saved config files load automatically. It seems that I have to keep typing "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda5" in order for it to load. I pressed F2 to look at how everthing's set up and it says that the config file or whatever is pointed to hda1. Do I always have to type that to in order to load my config or is there another way? Please help me out. Thanks.

Dave_Bechtel
05-17-2003, 11:47 AM
--If you're using a boot floppy, edit the syslinux.cfg that lives on it (you can do it from windoze, otherwise you have to mount the floppy in Linux) and add that parm in as a kernel parm. No guarantees, this is just off the top of my head.

How do I make my saved config files load automatically. It seems that I have to keep typing "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda5" in order for it to load. I pressed F2 to look at how everthing's set up and it says that the config file or whatever is pointed to hda1. Do I always have to type that to in order to load my config or is there another way? Please help me out. Thanks.

TheMan
05-19-2003, 04:15 AM

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2151#10040

I have used knoppix-customize to do just what you are asking for.

Lou