PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

xQuarkDS9x
09-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.

hotumattua
09-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.

You must set an administrator password first. With no password set, you cannot configure anything.

Regards