PDA

View Full Version : HP6230, no boot, screen blanks ou, tried all the tips so far

pjmcgarvey
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to get Knoppix STD v3.2 to boot on my HP 6230 laptop, I'm heading to SANS in two weeks and I'd like to have time to play with this before then.

So far I've tried every trick listed here, with the following results:

boot: knoppix vga=0 OR vga=normal ---> I get "uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel" After a few more seconds the cdrom spins down and I get nothing.

boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm Helpful for laptops ---> I get "loading vmlinuz" then screen blanks out

boot: knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3 Using this boot command will cause Knoppix to pause at various stages in the boot process. Just type 'exit' at each shell prompt to move on to the next stage. You will know that you are at the final stage when typing 'exit' does not do anything. If you get that far, type 'init 5' to go into graphics mode. ---> I get a full screen of info, with the last line being: cpu=0, clocks=0, slice=0, and then nothing. I guess I can try to write down all the info if someone thinks that will help.

boot: failsafe debug -b 3 That will do the same as the previous boot command, except turn off most of the hardware detection. ---> I get "loading vmlinuz" then screen blanks out

Thanks for any suggestions,
PJ

pjmcgarvey
09-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I think I found my answer:

http://forum.s-t-d.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15507