PDA

View Full Version : Getting files to a usb stick

voltorben
09-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi!

My computer is acting all wierd and i wanted to save some files on to my usb stick before i reinstalled windows. then a friend told me to get knoppix. Then i downloadet knoppix and got it all working on my computer and stuff. however i can't seem to find my usb stick anywhere in knoppix... I'm a total noob at knoppix so i would be verry happy if someone could help me save my files!

If it helps, its knoppix ver. 4.0.2

Thanks!

RandomGoon
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Okay, you should be able to see your thumb drive easily in one of two ways. Either boot to the CD/DVD with the thumbdrive already plugged in or plug it in after the desktop has completed loading and wait a few moments. Now, you should see something referencing [sda1] (or [sd(b - z)] depending on your configuration). You should then be able to right click and mount the drive. Then right click it again and navigate the menu structure to make it writeable (>Actions >Change read/write mode and then tell it "yes" when it asks). At this point you should be able to drag and drop, cut and paste, whichever method makes you happy.

HTH,

'Goon