PDA

View Full Version : Running a program

Rehtwol
09-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi,
I don't know if anyone else experienced this with thier version of 5.0.1, but when I boot knoppix, it all goes fine, then when I'm at the desktop, and I try to start open office, or any other application, it says it's loading, but then just disapears. Is this just a setting problem, or is something else wrong?

Harry Kuhman
09-22-2006, 04:43 AM
or is something else wrong?
Welcome to the forums. Yea, this is eactly how it is expected to work.

OK, no, actually something is obviously wrong, it sure doesn't do this for me and I suspect that if it did this for others we would be hearing about it. Did you check the md5 sum before burning? Did you burn at a low speed? If the answers to both of these are yes then I would start with the knoppix testcd cheat code to check the CD, be aware that the screen saver will usually cut in before the check is complete, use shift or some other non-impacting key to get the display back when it does. It might also be that a cheat code will help Knoppix detect your hardware better and so run better on your system, but almost all of the time that a cheat code is needed Knoppix never finishes booting, so this seems less likely.