PDA

View Full Version : Help docs missing in 5.0.1 CD

2byte
09-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Clicking on Help brings up a nice help application but navigating to a help document always ends up at a message "No documents available for /khelpcenter/userguide/index.html" or similar. Where can I find all of these docs? Do they have to be installed somewhere before they can be read?

Harry Kuhman
09-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure what help you are using but opening a console and typing man your-name-here has always worked for me.

2byte
09-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks Harry,
I'm talking about the KDE Help Center accessed from the K Menu, sorry for not being explicit previously. It has a great listing of subjects in its left pane but no docs to go with them. I tried man knoppix, man kde, etc. from the console and this didn't find anything either. I'm sure you realize that I'm a complete infant with Knoppix and Linux. That's why I need those help docs and any other user info thats available!

Jacky
09-30-2006, 02:04 AM
I think these help docs were left out in order to save space. I notice they are missing from the CD version, but are present in the DVD version of Knoppix.

I'm afraid you have to look up these help resources on the internet. They are easily available. Just search for "kde user guide" in google, for me it was the first hit on the list.