I have knoppix 5, dwl-520+
I have error if give 'modprobe ndiswrapper'

root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/dwl520/Drivers/WinXP/AIRPLUS.INF
Installing airplus
root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
airplus driver present, hardware present
root@1[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper
FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument

in dmesg i have

ndiswrapper version 1.16 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes)
ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:134): loadndiswrapper failed (256); check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'
ndiswrapper (wrapper_init:141): ndiswrapper: initialization failed

I tested with 'ndiswrapper -m' and etc. but still dont work;/

I still searchs 'answer' in others Topic but if you can help me.... ;)

cyu
~Reks;)

Reks
09-30-2006, 10:29 PM
NVM:P
Working now...
I only need
ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils

To Moderators delete this Topic ;)

Cya

~Reks;)

Patonb
10-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Actually.. Please don't delete...... asked this very same thing last week, and got no answer.

I'm a noob *nix user........ So can you elaborate a bit..... You just typed ndiswrapper -common then ndiswrapper -utils?? Can you breifly explain what that is??

Thanks alot

rusty
10-04-2006, 05:20 AM
I think what he meant is to apt-get ndiswrapper-common, as follows:

open a root shell: k->knoppix->root shell

then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common

then try using ndiswrapper, modprobe etc.

This will get you a updated ndiswrapper, although YMMV.

HTH

Andrftw
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Actually.. Please don't delete...... asked this very same thing last week, and got no answer.

I'm a noob *nix user........ So can you elaborate a bit..... You just typed ndiswrapper -common then ndiswrapper -utils?? Can you breifly explain what that is??

Thanks alot

I got exactly the same problem and i created a topic on this forum, plz help me, i'm getting crazy :cry:

superuser1985
10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Ive been stuck with the same exact problem, my box is updating as we speak...may i ask, am i updating ndiswrapper? or the kernal...well if anyone else is having the problem, either try a different driver or ensure that you type exactly what rusty posted:
then type: apt-get update &&apt-get -t unstable install ndiswrapper-common
ill let everyone know how it goes
: )

superuser1985
10-17-2006, 06:48 PM
nope didnt work, still the same error after the modprobe ndiswrapper...im going to uninstall ndiswrapper and reinstall it...not sure if thats going to work but it wont hurt...heres the link http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Uninstall
good luck

gvigorus
10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi. Having the same issue. I'm on live Knoppix 5 using WUSB54GS. Loaded drivers for the card. On ndiswrapper -l i get driver and hardware present. When I go to modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko) Invalid argument.

Hope there's a solution to this. This error happens with a lot of other WiFi cards, so at least it's not the hardware and driver combination, something's got to be up with ndiswrapper...
S