PDA

View Full Version : Squirrelmail

mors
10-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi, I'm not that clever with Linux, but I've managed to network it ok, and I've setup apache to host my website fine.
My next project was to setup a mailserver with internal and external webmail. I've followed a few guides and installed Postfix, Dovecot and Squirrelmail, but I seem to have fallen at the final hurdle. -Cant get Squirrelmail to work.

I believe I have Postfix and Dovecot up and running ok, and I can Telnet to the server and send mail via this sort of command

echo "hello" | mail {user}

This produces me a text email file in /var/mail/ . This in itself I dont think is right, I'd have thought it would have created one in the users home directory? It also combines all the emails into the one text file instead of seperate ones?

But my main problem is that I cant get Squirrelmail to talk to Dovecot/Postfix. I can get to the Squirrelmail login screen, and then login as a user, but once logged in it reports an error saying:

Error: Could not complete request

Query: Select "INBOX"

And then will not display the inbox for the user I've logged in as?

So I think everything is up and running, it's just got to be slight configuration tweaks I think.

So my questions are:

1. How do I get to see the users inbox and emails when I log in?
2. How do I change the location of where the system saves the emails?
3. How do I setup the system to seperate each email into seperate files?

Any help appreciated :)

Mors

mors
10-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Fixed it. Nay worries :)

Mors