PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install Overclockix to my HD,again and again!

Overclocked Unix
10-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Obviously I am a noob to this site so of course forgive me if this is in the wrong spot and so on....My problem is that I have completely fallen in love with Overclockix...now the reason this is such a problem is because for the past 2 years on and off I have been trying to install this to my hard drive.I have read most of alot of information on the web about how stubborn it is to install and I have tried so many different ways,ie poor mans install,etc.Nothing has worked.I have re-downloaded the ISO many times thinking I may have gotten a bad one.I want to run this from the HD and use it as my main OS.If someone has any tricks or anything that might help,please let me know.Also if anyone knows when and if the new Overclockix is coming out that would be great to know also....so,thank you for any help.

The Rockologist
10-06-2006, 03:04 AM
I think I've got the same problem; come to think of it, I think the whole Overclockix 3.7 distro is bugged altogether. I've tried installing it numerous times on my machine always to have it freeze and die in the middle of the bootloader setup, like you, using numerous ISOs I find on various sites.

That's a shame, Overclockix is a really nifty distro. If you have any news about a newer version or a patch, tell us! :o