PDA

View Full Version : Very basic question on FTP support in Knoppix

svrfrmfaith
10-16-2006, 12:35 AM
I've had several laptops in the past go down on me for different reasons. The last time I was able to use a built in FTP program to upload entire directories to my webspace and than download them onto another system....today I had a friend of mine bring me her computer (I told her I've done it before) and I can't seem to find the program I used...I'm not sure what version of knoppix I used (this was about a year and a half ago that I did it last), but right now I have version 4 and 5, if someone could tell me if either one of these has this program if you could let me know how to run it that would be fantastic. it's a XP system so copying to my external obviously won't work (damn format for XP)...FTP seems like the easiest way to go if I could find that program. Thanks for the help.

svrfrmfaith

Harry Kuhman
10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
It sounds like you are just looking for a FTP client (not even a server). There are more than one in Knoppix, I can't say for sure which you used before, but Konquror, the window that opens when the disc boots, is a FTP client. Put the URL of the ftp site in the Konquror window (for example ftp://ftp.foo.bar).