PDA

View Full Version : When booting Live cd K5.0.1 ps/2 not work pci=irqmask=0x0e98

P4w3ll
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Hello World
Pleas can some body help me.
I having problem, my PS/2 mouse on laptop das not work.
So i tried boot with pci=irqmask=0x0e98 - not help
When i boot live cd knoppix 3.4 than it work
Pleas help me

Robert A.
10-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I have just returned to my computer, after many months away...

Earlier this year, I used a "poor man's install" of Knoppix 4.0.2 on my Fujitsu laptop, along with ryumbeke's (sorry for the spelling) Grub loader files, so that I had a choice of Windows or Knoppix when booting. There was no problem with this system.

Yesterday, I obtained 5.0.1 CD, and also the Grub files for 5.0.0. When I attempted to boot Linux from the poor man's install, there was a fatal boot error. It had something to do with recognition of devices. My guess is that the 5.0.0 Grub files were looking for some file that is in a different edition within 5.0.1. Nevertheless, the bootlog claimed to recognized my touchpad mouse, and loading continued until Knoppix was displayed.

All looked well, but the mouse did not work. So, 5.0.1 was not usable. I tried modifying the Grub menu so that it passed the cheat codes described in the title to this forum thread. But that did not help. Still, fatal message during boot. (It comes at the part where a progress bar would normally be shown, during device recognition.) I was able to exit Knoppix by CTRL+ALT+DEL, then scrolling the Knoppix shutdown menu by up-down arrow on the keyboard.

I tried 5.0.1 by booting it from my CD drive, instead of poor man's install. No errors. No problems. Everything that I tried was OK.