PDA

View Full Version : Klick client failed to install

kpfuser
10-25-2006, 07:35 AM
I run Knoppix 4.0.2 live (from DVD). My search for ways to install/update packages led me to this forum and the sticky "What's klik?". However, after clicking Alt+F2 to open a Run Command window, copying "wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -0 -|sh," and clicking "Run," nothing that I could detect happened. Thus I am resorting to posting this in order to find (1) what is supposed to happen after one clicks on "Run" and (2) what to do to remedy the situation.

probono
10-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Look here http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/How_to_use_klik#Long_description_with_screenshots for screenshots of what should happen.
If it doesn't work with Alt-F2, it is best to use a text console so that you can see any error messages that might arise.
Please post back any error messages you might get along the way.

Best regards,
probono

kpfuser
10-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks probono. The problem was solved by using the Console to run the wget command piecemeal to see where the problem was. It turned out that it was the character O (capital letter) which I mistook for 0 (zero). Not my favorite way to waste most of the day. Perhaps a bit of explanation might have averted such an unfortunate mishap.

probono
11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Sorry about that. Best is to copy and paste the entire wget... line, so that no mistakes can happen. :roll: