PDA

View Full Version : How to burn a CD-sized ISO image to DVD media?

kirol
10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Hello,

I am currently out of blank CD's, and remember having read that a DVD player might be better/faster anyway to use for a live xvd-rom session. I tried burning a CD ISO to DVD-R, but neither k3b nor Nero6 on Windows seem to allow that. Is it possible and how, can someone explain?

Thanks,

--kirol

drb
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I have copied Kanotix "CD iso" to a DVD+RW without any problems using K3b. As new versions come along, I overwrite the DVD.

kirol
10-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I managed to write a CD-sized ISO to DVD-R media using k3b (from KNX 4.0.2), but had to pretend it was a DVD image, which seems to disable the advanced option to start a mutlsession DVD, and finalised the media with a single 700MB session. I was hoping to add my own pool of debian packages to the DVD, or burn newer knoppix version as later sessions. Has anyone been able to do something similar?

drb
10-29-2006, 07:55 PM
I only used the DVD+RW as I didn't have a CD+RW - the intention was just to have a single, overwritable iso until the next version comes along, so single session was what I wanted.

drb

Triangle
11-10-2006, 05:08 AM
You might wish to try ISO-burner tool. It is small, relaible and extremely easy to use. You might give it a glance, I suppose that will help
http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm