PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded bootable knoppix, need to run recoverjpeg...n00b!

jotto
11-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi all..

Ok, I just reformatted my friends pc and reinstalled win ME...yeah yeah I know I know but thats what he wanted. Anyway, this was the 2nd time in 2 days and I forgot to backup over 2 gigs worth of jpegs 2nd time round!

Have been advised to run bootable knoppix and then run recoverjpeg. Have recoverjpeg also downloaded....how do I run it from OS? and, is it already installed within the latest knoppix and if so how do I run it....

Help pretty please!!!!

TIA. :cry:

OK, Update...
Can run Knoppix from cd ( So cool and fast! better than the everyday OS....) managed to connect to the net via the LAN, again, one click setup...easy.
Downloaded the recoverjpeg files onto the Knoppix desktop. This is where Im stuck. Not sure how to get the thing to run or what command I need to type in to make it run.

Got so used to all this point and click stuff....need to learn more about real commands!

So, Any of you able to save my bacon and give me a step by step to try to recover some of these photos? Thanks.