PDA

View Full Version : Can't chang resolution,can't mount ntfs,how 2 get ful access

jentybhullar
11-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Hi guys.. i just installed it on my hd and need a few things to be fixed.. thnx a lot for any help.. my knoppix versin is 5.0.1 (beginners).. running with windows xp.. grub is my bootloader

1) how can i change my reolustion to 102x768.. right now its 800x640 and i cant chage it higher than that :? .. i have already tried the command "knoppix screen=1024x768" & "knoppix vga=0" in kernal and root shell but it doesnt work.. it says command not found.. how can i enter it at boot prompt? it doesnt ask me to press F2 at boot anymore after i installed it on my HD.. so is there any other way of changing my resolution to 1024x768? and yes my monitor does support it...

2) how can i mount ntfs partitions without having to type "mount /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 -t ntfs -o umask=0222" (where hda1 is the partion with ntfs) ... i mean when i type this command in root shell.. it lets me mount the drive but when i restart computer.. i need to type this again.. so is there any way to mount them automatically every time without typing anything again & again?

3) is there any way i can give my user account full access? or become an admin? so i wouldnt need to type the password again & again to configure things like time & date, user account, running some programs..?

any help will be appreciated.. thnx a lot in advance :)

Harry Kuhman
11-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Please see answer #7 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman).

jentybhullar
11-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Ok i have edited. thnx

Harry Kuhman
11-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Ok i have edited. thnx
I still see a subject line that gives no indication of what you are asking. I'm not reading further too see if it's anything I can help with, and others don't seem to be rushing to help either.

benny_mott
11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
* just boot with knoppix
* double click the HDD (hda)icon or partion where nfts xp is installed to mount it!!
* you see a little geen triangle flashing .
* and use KB3 cd rewriter soft ware to copy the mydocument etc to a CD_R this saves you dismatelling the HDD and connecting it to another pc with XP on it etc .
if you got a laptop and only one combi DVD/Rewriter drive you boot knoppix cd from there and it gets locked so you cannot use it when you get to desk top because knoppix only runs from cd-drive not HDD so you need to use Disgo drive which is like a key ring which you stick into USB drive comes in 128 mb ,256,512mb, when you are in desk top if you insert Disgo into the USB 1.1 it picks it up as SDA1 on desk top you need to right click on icon and from the contex menu choose mount ,and the right click on icon and choose chenge read write mode after that you can copy and paste into it.To beon safe side I put the Disgo into the usb first then put Knoppix in cd-rom drive then turn Laptop on.

1. Put USB device Disgo into 1.1 USB port.
2. Put knoppix cd in cdrom/dvd rom Drive.
3. turn computer on.
4. once you are on desk top Disgo shows as sda1.
5. either double click on it to mount it or right click on it and choose mount.
6. you get a flashing triangle in the corner of icon indicating it is mounted.
7. again right click on the icon and choose change read write Mode.
8. after this you can copy and past into it .

Regards Ben
:wink: