PDA

View Full Version : unable to view all files on cdrom

tigersheart
11-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to knoppix and new to the forum, and I have a problem I am not sure where to post, so I thought 'general' would be a good place to start.

The side issue is I am running knoppix 3.7 off a laptop (installed to HD) and I am trying to configure a belkin wireless card for use. I have read the forums, and some other info on the net and understand that I should try to use the ndiswrapper which I will...as soon as I figure out what this other problem is :P

the main problem is I put the belkin CD to try and grab the .inf/sys files to use with the ndiswrapper but I can't see thsoe files on the CD. I can see some of the files..but not all. If I put it in my windows machine, I see a bunch of files.... .inf .sys .cab files...etc and of course the .exe files but in knoppix all I see is the .exe files, and I can't see the .inf .sys .cab and some other files as well.

EDIT: oh yeah...and this is the same whether I use a command prompt, or click on the CDROM icon on the desktop, and even running as su root

any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

thanks!

OErjan
11-18-2006, 07:01 PM
weird, hmm, have you tried to see if they are hidden?
you could always copy them to another media or over network...

tigersheart
11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes I did, and they are not hidden...at least not as far as I can tell from a GUI/Properties stand point.

And I will transfer the over by some other means, but I am still curious as a cat in a paper bag factory about why I can't see them :P

OErjan
11-24-2006, 06:02 PM
what does
ls -al in a console say?
do you se them then?

tigersheart
12-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi sorry for the delay in answering...was on vacation :D

ls -al does not show them, whether I am sudo as root or any other account. This is why I am finding it weird, because on a windows OS if I explore the CD, I can definitely see the files, but on my knoppix I can only see some of the files on that CD.

OErjan
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
hmm, one thing is that it might be a "multisession" CD that has been mastered. if that multisession is not 100% compatible with ISO9660 it might be reason, not much else i can think of.