PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 5 Will Not Save Configuration on Memory Stick

lig1uk
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I am using Knoppix 5 DVD live version. How can I save the configuration to my memory stick. In a previous version of Knoppix 3.9 this option works just fine. I know how to use the commands in previous versions .. but they just don't work anymore.
With Knoppix 5 the SDA doesn't even appear on the list of options. Am I right in thinking that there is a bug that makes it impossible to use? I have read all through the Forum but cannot find an answer. I do not want to use a Persistent home.
Will this get fixed when Knoppix 5.10 is released?
Can someone please check with the developers?
I love Knoppix but this is a serious flaw with the current version.

skyblade
03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I recently cut a 5.1.1 Knoppix DVD and I think I have the same problem, I only get an option to save to floppy from the Knoppix save config dialog - not very helpful as I don't have the floppy connected in my Laptop. At v4.0 of Knoppix DVD I also had an option for /mnt/sda1 (my USB Memory stick). I can actually load my config from v4.0 into v5.1.1 which allowed me to take over my wireless network settings, but I can't save any updated config to the drive under 5.1.1 because it doesn't appear as an option. I tried mounting sda1 first and changing the write mode to write enable - I can save files to the USB stick with other utilities/apps etc. (e.g. Open Office docs, etc.)
Is there a method of getting /mnt/sda1 to appear in the options for saving the config or is there a command line alternative where I can specify /mnt/sda1 in the command line arguments?
Thanks.

Real Noob
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I have the same problem. It worked fine in a previous version, but not in 5. Does anybody have the answer or some insight into the issue?

Noob